This version has been tested and works with:
This version appears to fail on:
smbase$ ./srcloc %%% progress: 13ms: begin Bus error
smbase$ ./srcloc %%% progress: 0ms: begin Segmentation Fault
The Solaris failures have now been fixed; it's just an embarrassing off-by-one memory error. :) It's worth noting that I found this using Sun's debugging heap, which is enabled simply by adding LD_PRELOAD=watchmalloc.so.1 and MALLOC_DEBUG=WATCH to the environment before running the program. (I tried using dlmalloc as described here, but it looks like the allocation granularity happened to prevent the bug from being exposed under that allocator.)
If you have results that aren't on this table, or which contradict the table, let me know.